THE LUBLIN REGION
Kozłówka - a town known all over Europe, eagerly visited and admired due to the palace and park complex located there - now the Zamoyski Museum. The history of the palace begins in 1735, when Michał Bieliński and Tekla Pepłowska were married. As a dowry, the bride received the Kozłówka estates in the form of eleven villages and the town of Kamionka. The construction of the palace was completed in 1742. The architect who designed the palace complex was Józef II Fontana, and Michał Bieliński’s brother, Franciszek, the Grand Marshal of the Crown at the time - an art lover, organized numerous events there to make Kozłówka famous. theater performances. In 1799 the Zamoyski family came into possession of the estate. The palace was in their hands until 1944, when a state museum was established there after the Second World War. The owner who deserved the greatest honor of the palace was Konstanty Zamoyski. He received Kozłówka in 1970 from his father Jan. To give a greater rank, he collected valuable works of art from around the world, including: paintings, porcelain, sculptures and specimens of furniture art. The legend says that when he noticed a scrap of a wall with no artwork on it, he set off on a journey in search of „filling this void”. The palace rooms were decorated with over 1000 paintings. The Palace in Kozłówka is a real treasury of knowledge about the Zamojski family. In the years 1879-1907, the palace was rebuilt. At that time, a chapel connected with the palace was built by Jan Heinrich the younger. His model was the chapel of Louis XIV, located in Versailles. The interior of the chapel is enriched with stained glass windows and organs, which enable the organization of organ concerts.
During the German occupation, Kozłówka was a shelter for many refugees. In such circumstances, in 1940-41, at the invitation of Jadwiga and Aleksander Zamoyski, Father Stefan Wyszyński, later Primate of Poland, stayed in the palace. In memory of this stay, in 2001, the School Complex located in the nearby Kamionka was named after Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński. During World War II, the wife of Aleksander Jadwiga Zamoyska, trying to save the priceless treasures of the family for fear of the approaching front, took the most valuable specimens to Warsaw. Unfortunately, despite this, many of these works burned down during the Warsaw Uprising in 1944. Meanwhile, on 23 July 1944, Kozłówka was liberated by the 27th Volhynian Division of the Home Army, but after two days they were disarmed by the Red Army. In 1944, the palace complex became the property of the state and the first museum in the liberated lands was established there. In the years 1955-1977 the museum became a museum repository. The legacy of this period is the collection presented as an exhibition of „socialist realism”. The museum has been restored and is eagerly visited by tourists from Poland and abroad. Recently, it has been enriched by the opening of a coach house. The palace complex includes the main part of the palace, twin-similar buildings, a chapel and a theater, a kitchen annex, two guardhouses on a square plan, a stable and a coach house. The whole thing is closed by the entrance gate. The eastern part of the property is occupied by a park complex with discounts, charming walking paths, a fountain and a monument to the French soldiers of the Napoleonic campaign from 1812. To the south of Kozłówka there is a forest complex called Kozłowiecki Forests. In the southern part, there is the „Kozie Góry” reserve, with 250-year-old oaks growing here, reaching a height of up to 30 m. This place is an oasis full of plants and animals.